Tuesday, March 27, 2012

C4T#3

quite from Albert Einstein with him sitting with his elbows on his kneed and his fingers intertwined.




I viewed Free Technology for Teachers by Richard Byrne for my C4T#3.

In his post on Tuesday, March 20 called This is Cool! Albert Einstein's Library Online, which is everything and anything you want to know about Albert Einstein. The website is actually called Einstein Archives Online and has so much to offer to be used in a classroom. I commented on Mr. Byrne's post about how this website is very intriguing and how when I become a teacher and have a SMART board in my classroom, I would use this website to show students who Albert Einstein is and what he accomplished.

In this post on Tuesday, March 27 called A Gopher Guesses Your Number - A Math Game is about a mathematics game called Magic Gopher. Richard Byrne learned about it from Jen Deyenberg and the game is about students selecting two digit numbers, add the two digits together, subtract the new number from the original, then look up a number associated with the final number. The trick is that the gopher always "guesses" the correct final number symbol. This allows the students who play this game to challenge themselves trying to figure out how the gopher always gets it right. I commented that this would be a great problem solving game for students as well as the other links he had on his blog post. I also stated that it would be a good tool in the classroom for students to really challenge themselves with explaining how the gopher get the answer correct every time. It is a great tool and I would definitely use it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment