Thursday, March 8, 2012

C4T#2

a professor standing in a half-moon circle lecturing to a surrounding classroom that elevates from top to bottom and is also a half-moon circle.



Dr. Strange's Strange Thoughts

Dr. Strange briefly discussed how his students misunderstood the concept of sarcasm in Dr. McLeod's post Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please? on blog post #5. He gives definitions of sarcasm and satire and discusses the disappointing percentage of people who did not understand, read only half, or just did not read it at all. I commented that I believe that some maybe only read half of the post and that may be why they misunderstood the concept Dr. McLeod was giving. I went on to discuss that those students who did not understand it that his post would definitely clarify this. Also, I commented that sarcasm is used a lot in today's society like comedians, movies, advertisements, and personal jokes. I went on to say that some people just do not understand sarcasm, but this post was self explainable, especially at the end when Dr. McLeod says he allows his kids to do this and end the post with the question of who you think will be ahead.


Dr. Strange discussed how lectures have become unsuccessful. He also discusses on lecture part 1 different ideas that can replace lectures and gives a list of people who have examples of ideas that can replace lectures. He goes into detail about how lectures are not effective and how they are not teaching the students. I commented about how I agree on how lectures are boring and I had only one professor who was exciting and I gave an example of what I would do if I was a history professor. I explained that I would give them three projects to do so they could reenact what they learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment