Thursday, April 5, 2012

C4K for April

Scott's Avatar

Scott's Blog

C4K #8 - Scott's blog post,Racism was this post about the actual word RACE. There is a lot of history behind this word and it actually created racism among whites, blacks, Hispanics, etc. He has a video from the American Archaeological Association that created the video to inform people about the word race and how we are not so different and that skin color is only skin deep. You shouldn't judge someone based on their skin color, it goes deeper than that. They have feelings, morals, values, expectations, and much more. On his blog as well, he has two website you can view to learn more about race and racism. I commented to Scott that I found his blog inspiring because he chose this topic to blog about. It was very detailed with a lot of background information that you could look at. I also talked about the fact that I did not know the actual word race began all this slavery and such, even though I did know about slavery for blacks, Chinese, Japanese, etc. I also said that the video was very informing and I actually learned a lot about the word race. This was a very good, informative blog post and I look forward to reading more of his blogs.

C4K #9 - His new post, Volleyball and Injury, he talks about how he strained a "tenant" (tendon) and the restrictions he has because it happened right before the season began. He switched to a less strenuous activity and joined a volleyball team. I commented that I believe it is tendon not tenant and that I bet it really hurts to strain one of those. He didn't say where it happened on his body or how so I asked him in my comment and I talked about how I'm sure it is very frustrating because from what I have read, he loves sports. I told him I used to play softball and baseball before that and that I am very active in my life as well and how it is a good thing to be very active.

two kids and a male adult playing hockey Wii game



C4K #10 - This week we had to comment on one of Ms. Cassidy's students blogs. They are first graders and I had to comment on haydn's blog about the hockey Wii game with the hockey stick Wii. He did not say much about it, but I stated that I have never owned a Wii, but I bet a hockey Wii is really fun! I also stated that it was nice that he got a Wii because they allow you to be very active and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment