Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog Post #12

the assignment would be to create a lesson plan according to the Mobile County School System based on an individuals profession. This is not the same lesson as a SMARTboard lesson and should differ from the one an individual creates for the Smartboard project.

I am receiving a degree in PreK-6 Elementary Education and I hope to teach kindergarten. For an example, my lesson plan would be to create one based on science. I am going to do the seasons of the year; Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

For all the seasons, I would create an art project the students did in class and it consists of pictures of the seasons or things in the season and they would have to create a background to match the pictures with.

For example, for Spring I would have blooms of flowers on every plant and a tree with fresh blooms and they would have to create a background to match the pictures of plants like adding a house, pretty green grass and what every else they choose to add. I will have cut outs of houses, dogs, cats, gardens, etc. and they would have to be creative and make what they think the season looks like.

For Winter I would add snow on everything like the top of the house and I would add a dog house with snow if the students wished to add a dog. It would be fun, creative, and educational. For Summer I would have beach balls and other accessories of the beach. Of course for Fall, I would make the students add leaves to a tree and make a pile underneath the tree or somewhere in the yard.

the four seasons, spring, summer, fall, wilter with pictures of trees for each season

kids using paints with paper to make the four seasons

For this assignment, you must do the following:

1. Create a lesson plan based on one grade level you wish to teach when you become an educator.

2. Pick one lesson from the curriculum and create a lesson you would teach to your students.

3. Write what you would do for this lesson and find pictures you would use to help imagine this lesson plan.

4. Post it on your blog and tell how you would conduct your lesson along with the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your post! I believe this is something that would be quite helpful to us as future teachers. This is something that I have not yet been required yet should be prepared for. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa,

    Unfortunately, you didn't do the assignment as it was supposed to be done. This is something that you were supposed to create and have others do, preferably with more than one or two lines of instruction. You didn't provide clear instructions either, but I think I got that you intended the first paragraph to be the springboard for the assignment. However, you didn't follow through. I think the lesson you "created" sounds nice though. Another thing: when you are crediting images, you need to source them to the original site where they are found, not to Google. Google is only the search engine that you used to find the images.

    Anyway, have a nice summer!

    ReplyDelete