Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Post #4

vox podcast. man figure, black, holding a mic up in the air

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale.

Langwitches

Curriki podcasting collection

There is a lot more to podcasting than I thought. Before these videos/web pages, I did not know what a podcast even was! Now, I understand what a podcast is and how it benefits the school system and creativity in the classroom. In my podcast, I hope to incorporate the required reading material appropriately. I like the fact that you can add sounds into your podcast as well as music and such. I also learned that you can create stories and even have videos of homework assignments. I hope I am able to incorporate podcasting into my classroom because I believe it gives them more than creativity, it allows them to be less afraid of speaking in from of others as well as being able to work well with other students and get to know their classmates. I do agree though, that podcasting brings creativity back into the classroom and every school should begin going podcasting because it is a good way for students to be able to retrieve missed homework and classwork if they miss a day of school instead of having to wait till the next day and fall behind the rest of the class. It is also a great source for parents to know what their children are being taught and what goes on in the classroom. Before, I was a little nervous about this podcast, but now I am really excited to begin!

1 comment:

  1. "Now, I understand what a podcast is and how benefiting it is to the school ..."

    It would be better to substitute how it benefits the school... instead of how benefiting it is to the school ..."

    "I do agree thought, that..." though not thought

    I look forward to listening to your podcast.

    ReplyDelete